Steve came out yesterday, so we took the frame off. First Steve cut off the remaining 2 body bolts that were spinning free inside the body brace where ya can’t get at the nut with a wrench. Then we removed the rear axle so the frame could be dragged out from under the body more easily. Came out easy, no problems! Then we simply let the frame down slowly with the body supported by jack stands, and there ya have it.
We can’t use the rotisserie yet, because the rear body brace needs repaired first. In the mean time, the body rests on 2×4’s across the rockers. This should help to distribute the weight more evenly. Just for peace of mind, I welded in some square tubing between the doors to make sure the back end won’t sag.